Sunday, December 6, 2009

Blog Assignment Act 2 & 3 Foreign Correspondence

I was just walking back from the forum minding my own business. I had just seen Antony perform a mind blowing speech about his opinion on the conspiracy and Caesar’s death. Antony made the crowd so angry it was hard to believe. I looked ahead and I saw a man walking. He seemed to have been talking to himself in a poetic manner, but I didn’t think anything of it. I continued walking with the poet sill in clear view. I soon heard the monstrous roar of the angry crowd. There were thousands of them, all with anger crazed faces. I couldn’t believe what I was witnessing. I immediately found a place to hide from the mob, with the poet still in view. The angry citizens quickly surrounded the poor fellow. They began asking him questions at a fast pace. The man told the group that he was headed to Caesar’s funeral as a friend. I felt so scared for this man. He then said his name was Cinna, and the crowd went crazy. They believed that he was a conspirator named Cinna. Even after he told them he was not a conspirator they still tore him to pieces. Just like that, this man was killed, for a crime he didn’t commit.

By Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment